PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END!
Specific instructions about applying included…
We need someone to (first and primarily) to pick up and drop off documents for a local law firm.
But we don’t want just an “average court runner.” We are looking for an exceptional individual who will be excited every time they go on a run, because it represents a chance to help our clients.
In a given day, you could go to the courthouse, a client’s house, the hospital, and even the airport! You will meet people who inspire you to be the best you can be so you can be successful and accomplish great things.
We want people to see you smile AND hear you smile when you are on the phone. You need to be able sympathetic when meeting or talking on to the phone with people who are dealing with serious and traumatic injuries.
You will often leave the first and lasting impression of our firm in Savannah –whether you are meeting a clerk at the courthouse, another attorney, or even a bank teller.
What else will you be doing?
n Man a 20-line phone system from 12-1 daily
n Meet and greet clients when they come in for appointments with attorneys from 12-1 daily
n Shipping and receiving through UPS, USPS, and FedEx
n Take a weekly inventory, and travel to purchase office and kitchen supplies
n Keep documents, receipts, and mail neatly organized from daily runs to banks and post office
n Perform clerical tasks, such as making copies of documents, distributing mail among other legal staff, cleaning, and stocking the kitchen area.
n Assist With a Charity Program
n Word d processing and data entry
Here are the basic qualifications:
1. You are great with people (not just good). You can easily sympathize with them, and you are good at navigating tricky social situations tactfully.
2. You have a pleasant phone answering voice.
3. A High School Diploma or a Mature High School Student
4. You can keep your cool when someone else is freaking out.
5. Valid Driver’s License
6. You would enjoy going on a run every time you go. It is never an “inconvenience” for you, but an “opportunity” to network and meet new people.
Here are some “bonus” qualifications that are nice but not required:
1. Past experience in a law firm, especially a personal injury firm.
2. Previous experience as a court runner, especially if you have a good knowledge of Savannah and the surrounding area(s.)
3. Experience using online database software, especially NEEDLES.
Pay and Hours
This is an entry-level position. Hours are Monday – Friday 10:30 – 3:30 with the opportunity to take on more hours as-needed.
A Final Word on our Firm:
Because we get to help people with serious and traumatic injuries every day, we have a sense of duty and purpose here. We have found several ways to turn our experience into programs that benefit the surrounding Savannah community. There’s a sense of fun about it all, and we hope to share that sense of fun with you!
When you submit your resume, please share with us why YOU think you would be a stellar team member and what in this ad made you think, “I’d like to work here!”
Thanks, and we look forward to reading your answers!
No phone calls or un-scheduled appointments. Send Resume and why you would like to work here to email@example.com